Income-Eligible Financial Assistance Programs


COVID-19 Job Loss Bill Credit Program

The COVID-19 Job Loss Bill Credit program provides a bill credit for residential customers who are currently unemployed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are the account holder or co-applicant on the BWP account. Customers in apartments and other multi-family homes are eligible for $200 in assistance, and customers in single-family homes are eligible for $300.

Learn More >

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

LIHEAP is a federally-funded program that offers eligible applicants with a credit ranging between $152 - $1000 towards their utility bills. It is administered by two providers. Interested customers may contact them directly to determine eligibility and to apply.

Learn More >

Project Share

Apply for Project Share
Our Project Share program provides payment assistance of up to $100 in the form of a bill credit to income-qualified customers. Rather than collect the application in person, interested customers may now leave the application at the BWP Administration Building dropbox or the Burbank Temporary Aid Center (BTAC) dropbox. Applications and supporting documentation may also be mailed to BTAC directly at 1304 W. Burbank Blvd., Burbank, CA 91506.

Please provide physical copies of the following documents for all members living in your household:

Completed Application: All household members must be listed on the application. Make sure to completely fill out, sign and date the application.
BWP Bill: A Copy of your most recent BWP bill showing your account number and past due amount.
Driver's License/Picture ID/Birth Certificate: A copy of a state-issued photo ID for all adults living in the household, and a copy of a Birth Certificate for all children living in the household.
Two Most Recent Bank Statements: All adults in the household 18 and older must provide copies of checking and savings bank statements for the last 2 months.
Current Paystubs: All adults in the household 18 and older must provide copies of two months of current paystubs.
Most Recent Income Tax Returned Filed: All adults in the household 18 and older must provide the most recent income tax return filed.
All Other Financial Assistance Documentation: All adults in the household 18 and older must provide proof of all income received (SSI, SSDI, VA Pension, Cal Fresh, CAPPA, award letters, etc.)

Get the Project Share Application >

Donate to Project Share
Generous customers and donors provide Project Share funds. There are three ways to contribute: one-time donation, monthly donation, and participating in the Bill Round-Up program.

Donate to Project Share >

Lifeline Program

The Lifeline program offers income-qualified customers a reduced rate and exemptions from the monthly customer service charge and Utility User’s Tax. During the crisis, the supporting financial documentation will not need to be notarized. Applications are accepted by mail. They can also be dropped off at our lobby Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 5 PM.

Learn More >

Utility Bill Payment Arrangements

If you are having trouble paying your bill, we want to help. You don’t need to leave your home to set up a payment arrangement. You can use the Online Account Manager or call Customer Service at (818) 238-3700 during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, between 8 AM and 5 PM.)

Register >      Sign In >

COVID-19 Financial Assistance Programs