Water Quality Testing for our Customers
Burbank Water and Power takes over 1300 water samples for testing each year to insure that your water supply meets or exceeds all State and Federal drinking water standards. However, some of our customers have expressed a desire to have samples from their faucets tested.
Most of the state-certified labs will test only for water agencies or corporations, and not for individual samples. For this reason, the City Council has asked BWP to develop a procedure where customers can use the City's lab contract to test their water sample at the City's contract price.
If you would like to utilize this service, we have outlined the following procedure:
1. Fill out the Water Test Form
Program is only available to Burbank water customers.
Forms will be available on the internet or by calling BWP at (818) 238-3500.
2. Submit the completed form and payment to BWP. Checks should be made out to City of Burbank and payment and form submitted to a cashier in the BWP lobby (located at 164 West Magnolia Blvd.). Payment will vary by test(s) selected by you. Please refer to the Water Test Form for more information.
3. A BWP employee will call you to arrange for sampling. While we will attempt to accommodate your schedule, the laboratory's courier schedule and holding times for certain tests may limit our flexibility.
4. A sample will be taken by a Water Operator at the Burbank location requested by you and sent to the lab by BWP.
5. When the laboratory results are received by BWP, they will be forwarded to you.