Recycled Water: Benefits and Uses
urbank's recycled water meets the most stringent criteria for recycled water defined in the California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 4, Chapter 3 requirement as Disinfected Tertiary Recycled Water in that it is approved for all uses, including full-body contact, with the exception of human consumption.
Benefits to Using Recycled Water
- Recycled water rates are lower than potable water rates and there is an abundant supply.
- Reduces wastewater thereby lowering customer sewer charges.
- Provide a drought-resistant water supply to customers.
- Protecting customer’s substantial investment in landscaping.
- Recycled Water customers are exempt from landscape water use ordinances.
- No quantity limits of how much recycled water a customer can use.
- Customer adds to the sustainability and strengthens our regional economy.
- Conserves drinking water in Burbank that would otherwise be used for landscape irrigation.
Uses of Recycled Water
- Landscape irrigations of Parks, playgrounds, schoolyards, Medians, Cemeteries, Freeways, and Golf courses
- Industrial or commercial cooling or air conditioning involving cooling tower
- Decorative fountains and water features
- Flushing toilets and urinals
- Industrial process water that may contact workers
- Structural fire fighting
- Commercial laundries
- Consolidation of backfill material around pipelines
- Commercial car washes not done by hand & excluding the general public from the washing process
- Industrial boiler feed
- Nonstructural fire fighting
- Soil compaction
- Mixing concrete
- Dust control on roads and streets
- Cleaning roads, sidewalks, and outdoor work areas
- Flushing sanitary sewers