Take Control of Your Power
Weekly Energy Updates
This tool makes it easier than ever to understand where your energy is going and provides insights to best manage your bill. Your Weekly Energy Updates communication features detailed energy usage information.
Get straightforward charts that:
- Show you how much energy is being used by each appliance
- Detail your energy usage compared to the previous week
- Help you understand your daily trends
Create a BWP Home Energy Usage Portal account to learn more about your electric usage and get personalized tips to help you manage your bill.
Weekly Energy Updates - Frequently Asked Questions
The Weekly Energy Updates (WEU) features your electricity usage information, and will include charts on:
- Electricity usage patterns compared to the previous week
- Weekly electricity usage by each day of the week
- Hourly electricity usage trends for the peak consumption day of the week, including the peak usage occurrence time
Day by Day breakdown: You can see a detailed breakdown of how much energy you used by day, and see how each day compares to the others during the week.
Hourly Breakdown: You can see a detailed breakdown of your energy use for your highest day to help you identify patterns and opportunities to save.
Personalized Tips: You can see tips that are tailored to your energy use and your home to help you reduce your usage.
High Bill Alerts
High Bill Alerts notifies you anytime you're on track to receive a higher bill due to dramatically higher usage. You'll get a heads-up early enough to make a difference, that will warn you to make adjustments to avoid being stuck with a higher bill.
Get easy-to-understand information on:
- How much higher your next projected bill might be if you don't take action
- What time of day you used the most energy
- Tips on how to reduce usage
Gain access to even more features to help you manage your bill by creating a BWP Home Energy Usage Portal account.
High Bill Alerts - Frequently Asked Questions
If the system projects that a participating customer is on track to receive a higher bill due to higher than usual usage, an alert is triggered. The customer then receives a High Bill Alert (HBA). This process allows customers to manage their usage before a bill is due.
The HBA features useful information on what time of day customers used the most electricity and what factors – such as weather or heavy appliance use – may have contributed to the higher usage. HBAs also feature personalized tips to promote energy efficiency.