Who is eligible for the program?
Commercial customers located in Disadvantaged Communities (DACs) with an active BWP water account are eligible to participate in the Hydration Station Rebate Program. DACs are the most pollution-burdened and vulnerable communities as designated by the California Environmental Protection Agency based on a quantitative method to evaluate multiple pollution sources and stressors, and vulnerability to pollution, in California’s approximately 8,000 census tracts.
The areas shaded in red on the map below are the DAC areas in Burbank. If you aren’t sure if your business is located in a DAC, you can email the BWP Conservation team to confirm your eligibility for the Hydration Station program.
Rebate Amount Breakdown
BWP is offering a rebate up to $1,500 for the water bottle filling station, and a rebate of up to $1,000 to help cover the installation costs. Businesses may apply for two hydration station rebates total for each fiscal year.
|Rebate Amount Up To:|
|Water Bottle Filling Station||$1,500|
Why Get a Hydration Station?
Our Hydration Station program is designed to help you provide clean and accessible drinking water to the public while also helping reduce plastic bottle waste. BWP is offering rebates of up to $2,700 for the installation of new water bottle filling stations.
Program Terms and Conditions
- Applicant must be a BWP commercial customer with an active Burbank Water and Power (BWP) water account.
- Commercial customers must be located in a Disadvantaged Community (DAC) in Burbank.
- Hydration stations must be installed in a communal space where multiple persons have access to using the station.
- Program participation is limited to two rebates for the Water Bottle Filling Station, and two rebates for the installation costs per BWP account per fiscal year.
- The Water Bottle Filling Station rebate amount cannot exceed the product purchase price. The installation rebate amount cannot exceed the installation cost.
- The applicant agrees to install signage provided by the City of Burbank on or near the hydration station in a prominent manner.
- Applicant agrees to pay for the installation, maintenance, and repair costs associated with the hydration station. Applicant agrees to maintain the hydration station for a minimum of two years following the installation date.
- BWP is not responsible for broken, stolen, or damaged equipment.
- BWP makes no representation of warranty related to contracted services or products that may be installed, including any hazardous substances that may be contained in the product. BWP is not responsible for any damages, costs, or claims arising from the hydration station.
- Application must be signed, dated, and contain required supporting documentation.
- Rebates are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- BWP is not responsible for items lost or destroyed in the mail.
Rebate applications must be submitted and approved by BWP before a rebate check is issued.
- BWP may conduct an inspection to verify that the information on Hydration Station Program application aligns with the equipment installed on the property.
- BWP will mail the rebate check within 6-8 weeks after BWP approval.
Rebates are not guaranteed, and some limitations apply. The Hydration Station Program is subject to change without notice.
Follow these Steps to Apply for the Hydration Station Rebate Program
Our Hydration Station program is designed to help you provide clean and accessible drinking water to the public while also helping reduce plastic bottle waste. Follow these five steps to get started.
Verify that your business is located in a Disadvantaged Community.
Read the Program Terms and Conditions.
Please review the program’s terms and conditions to ensure that you are following the Hydration Station Program guidelines. Applicants must adhere to the Hydration Station Program terms and conditions in order to receive a rebate from BWP.
Purchase a hydration station and install it at your business.
Remember to save your receipts and contractor invoices. These items will be needed to be submitted with your completed rebate application.
Submit your rebate application to BWP.
Send your completed rebate application, along with the supporting documentation, to BWP by mail or dropping it off in person.
Mail: BWP Conservation, Attn: Residential Rebates, P.O. Box 631, Burbank, CA 91503
Drop Off: 164 W. Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91503
Get your rebate!
BWP will mail the rebate check within 6-8 weeks after the application is approved.